Pages - Menu

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's the end of the semester, oy!

Today I received my summer session apartment assignment AND my fall semester apartment assignment. I get to stay in my current apartment and bedroom for the summer; hooray for not having to pack up and move! In the fall I will be in Royal Crest apt. 109 with Grace and 4 other girls, one of which I'm pretty sure was in my English 101 class last spring. Also, I will be in the 29th Ward in the fall. This makes me laugh because I'm currently in the 28th Ward. It's almost like I moved next door, only I didn't. The ward boundary system intensely confuses me up here, but ah well. My Math 108 teacher is in the bishopric for that ward currently and if he still is in the fall that will be so weird to me, haha.

I'm really sad that I will be leaving the 28th Ward though. I've grown to really like the Bishopric a lot. (I used to not like the ward at all.) It makes me wish that Autumn Winds wasn't so expensive. I keep telling myself that if I end up missing it too much I can move back here next spring. But that's the thing with me, when I make a step forward I keep the door I've left open in case I want to turn around. I'm not sure how much I will ever end up growing if I keep giving myself safety nets like that. Although, I don't think keeping the Autumn Winds option open for spring is a bad thing right now... just an expensive one haha.

Today I talked with Brother Galbraith about my statistics cluster issue. He thinks postponing my foundations courses to take Calculus is a good idea for this fall. I'm still debating whether or not I really want to do that. I keep asking myself, "Is this really what I want?" and the only answer I keep coming up with is, "I... don't know." I have one day to make this big decision, well maybe until the end of the week but I really shouldn't let procrastination make my decision for me.

I feel like at the end of every semester I put myself in a big mess. Usually it's because I've finally admitted to an issue that really needs to be worked on, but even though that didn't happen this time I'm in a huge mess as far as my degree. BUT good news! I've been worried about what I am going to do for an internship and Galbraith told me he's had one in mind for me--the Dibble Institute. It's online and deals with research. I have to talk with Brother Gardner about it, but that saves me a lot of anxiety as far as finding something.

And on a side note, I am pretty sure I fried my brain doing my statistics homework today.

No comments:

Post a Comment