According to my roommates, Hayley and Madi, I have eventful Mondays.
Last Monday I took an extra shift in the math lab and about 15 or so minutes after I arrived, the fire alarms went off. The entire library had to evacuate for about 10 minutes. And when someone came to let us back in, a fireman started yelling for us to "back away from the building!' I have no idea why the alarm went off in the library because, as far as I know, nothing actually happened there. Buuuut, right as my shift ended a girl looked out the window and pointed to a large group of people standing outside the Clarke bldg. below. I didn't think too much of it because a few teachers had been holding class outside due to the nice weather. After I was done working I headed over to the Clarke to talk with Brother Galbraith and finish up some Calculus homework only to find they had evacuate the whole building!! I couldn't find Galbraith, so I stopped to ask Brother Anderson if they'd evacuated the Clarke for the same reason they evacuated the library. Turns out that he didn't even know the library's alarms had gone off! But the evacuation of the Clarke wasn't for no reason. Apparently something happened during the remodeling of the 2nd floor and the building was flooded. It smelled like burning rubber, but I still haven't learned why exactly. Because of the flooding, my 3:15 class was canceled and no one was allowed back in the building until the next morning.
This Monday started out alright. I woke up with a terrible cold and was late to Calculus, but hey, nothing too exciting there. It all started when I walked out of Research... Mikaela and Jessica stopped to talk with me about the upcoming CFAS activity next week and right as I said I was dying from being so busy, I sniffled and my nose started gushing blood. I'm pretty sure I had a nosebleed that lasted 15 minutes. We rushed to the nearest bathroom to get some paper towels and clean off my hand & sweater, but then I walked with Jessica to the library for work. My student saw that I was holding a wad of paper towels to my face and told me that we could cancel if I wanted to take care of my nose since he didn't have anything too important to discuss today. So I walked back to the Clarke and guess what, my nose was STILL bleeding! Brother McCoy and Brother Gardner told me to wet a paper towel and then lay down with that on my nose. After about 2 or 3 minutes it finally stopped. The rest of the day was mediocre until FHE. In the middle of deciding on an activity my nose started bleeding again. This time it wasn't as much or as long (honestly, I'm surprised there was more left in there considering how much came out this morning), but I'm pretty sure I've reached my nosebleed quota of the year today.
If only my Fridays were like my Mondays! It seems nothing exciting ever happens on a Friday for me, but tons of crazy things happen on my Mondays. Most people dread Monday because it means going back to work or school or both, but for me, I dread them because I never know what insane thing is going to happen that day. It's crazy!
Congrats you are given the Liebster blog award :) Checkout the following link for more :)
ReplyDeletehttp://swarnalidreams.blogspot.in/2012/10/our-beloved-blog.html