I just found out some good news! Lately I have had the impression to look further into obtaining a degree for Marriage and Family studies. When I started my search, I realized that the classes needed for my major (Child Development) overlapped with the classes needed for the minor in Marriage and Family Studies... and there's a policy on both that classes cannot be double counted. So I was confused as to if it would even be possible to do both.
Today after my Marriage 300 class I went up to my professor and asked him if it was possible to have that major/minor. He asked me how I felt about Marriage and Family Studies being a major and if I would be interested. I said yes and he told me that it had been approved about a week and half ago... that it will be a major starting Fall 2011. I am so excited!! The best part is that he told me it's a very flexible major, I won't have to have a minor and I can have a cluster then take 14 electives of my choice! Which means I can keep Child Development in there if I wanted AND I can keep Art.
I'm not sure what all I want to keep/change yet, but knowing this gives me some direction to follow while I think about it. He wants me to come see him about setting up my classes for the Fall if this is really what I am truly interested in. The downside of all of this would be that it's a tough area to find a job in... but then again, so is Child Development. So really my odds for getting a job haven't really changed too much. I think it would be really interesting to do Marriage studies and research.
No comments:
Post a Comment