Pages - Menu

Saturday, March 30, 2013

I'm almost a senior in college... o.O

Finally, finally, finally this semester is coming to a close! I attended my FDREL 333 class for the last time today. (Technically, that's supposed to be on April 5th, but I'm going to the UCFR conference that day.) I have 5 days of Math 423 left and next week is my last required week of one-on-one tutoring. Preferably I'd like to do as little one-on-one appointments during finals week so that I can pack up and move apartments without being rushed/flustered. My first final opens on the 5th, closes on the 10th and my second opens on the 8th, closes on the 12th.

I'm seriously so excited for spring break to come! Although, as I was walking to a picked up lab shift this afternoon, I realized I'm a little bit sad that my Math 423 class will be over. Granted it's been a really difficult course, I have really enjoyed the class itself. I'm glad to know I'll have Brother Cromar again. He's quite fun.

I'm not looking forward to my set of classes for next semester. They're all classes that I've been putting off. Well, WDD 100 and FDREL 350 aren't, but everything else is. I am, however, excited to learn a new mathematical computer program-- R. Maybe I'll like Intermediate Stats. more than the theoretical background of probability and statistics. And hopefully I can get an A! I hate having C's in math... but Calc. I, II, and III in one was brutal and so is Math 423. Brother Galbraith pretty much has to remind me that it's okay to get a lower grade in a higher level course weekly. I'm really not exaggerating. He's had to talk me off the statistics ledge several times this semester. Even Brother Cromar and Brother McCoy pitched in.

Yet, last night what did I do? Research master's programs for statistics and research psychology. So far I'm reeeallly leaning towards Utah State University for Stats. I think I probably will apply to Texas Tech--I talked with them at the NCFR conference a little. And I really want to research the school where Gottman teaches (or is it just researches?) to see what programs they have. I really like his research... well, what I've studied of it so far.

I register for the GRE this summer and begin making contact with the programs I'm interested in during the fall. Then, finally, in January I submit my grad. school applications. Holy cow! I cannot be this close to graduating, can I?! There's really no way around it... I can either graduate in April 2014 by doing Fast Grad. or in July 2014, my 100% original planned grad. date. Wellllll, unless I fight for the Stats. minor... then it'd be the same dates but in 2015. (Ha, I can only imagine how many times Galbraith would have to talk me off the ledge if I go that route!)

No comments:

Post a Comment