Pages - Menu

Thursday, March 20, 2014

This could be the difference between what you need and what you want...

Oh Matchbox Twenty, you've been so good to me. Through every low period and every high period in my life since Jill introduced us. There's always a song that helps me think through things, whether difficult or easy. You're always going to hold a special place in my heart. I have grown so much and changed so much since I started listening to you. I can't imagine loving a band more than I love you. (However, my fiancé will beat you out for my love any day haha!) Sometimes I don't realize something is wrong or that I need to relax and slow down until I start craving your lyrics. As soon as a plug into your melodies, things become clear and I can figure out my life. If there were something on earth that did for me what the Holy Spirit does for me spiritually, it would be all the songs on your CDs, new and old. I'm so thankful that I have this kind of connection with something that can bring me temporary peace so that I can then calm my soul enough to reach out to the Holy Spirit for the guidance I need. While your music may not be uplifting or spiritual, it's enough to put my mind in the kind of humble place it needs to be to set out on a baby steps path to seeking spiritual guidance. It's whatever works, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment