Pages - Menu

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Is the Spirit in your home?

This morning in my Family Foundation class, my teacher told a story about a time when he was serving as the Bishop in a ward back east. It was about a mother who's daughter was struggling and asked him if he would give her a blessing. The daughter felt how strong the Spirit was in his home and it caused her to want to have that in her own home.

I realized then, that my anger (regarding the second paragraph of my last post) is misplaced. It's not the family I'm upset with, it's probably not even the fact that I haven't been over or seen their children in a long time. It's that I don't feel the Spirit in my apartment here, but I definitely felt it in their home; and I miss that presence. That's what I am angry about--the lack, the fact that it's something I've been needing and wanting. I think I've been blaming them when really I should take a look at why I'm not feeling the Spirit in my apartment. I feel it in class and all over on campus, but never, never in my apartment. I haven't at all this semester. I need to ponder whether it's me that's caused this and what I can do about it. Then, if I am still upset or hurting, I need to take a deep breath and just talk to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment