Pages - Menu

Saturday, April 21, 2012

From general to clinical...

There's nothing like feeling you have your whole college career planned out ahead of you and then you're told you're taking the wrong emphasis for what you want to do. Let's just say I had a bit of a mild panic attack.

All is well now because Bro. McCoy made me see that changing emphases doesn't really change anything for me except get rid of a lot of extra work I was planning to take on. I don't know how I feel about being categorized with everyone who wants to be a marriage and family therapist**, but it's something I'll have to get over if I want to ensure that a school with an art therapy grad. degree will accept me.

I'm currently now trying to talk myself out of squeezing in a psych class that's not listed under the clinical emphasis. I don't know if my heart or mind will win... I might need someone to sit me down and explain to me that I'm not supposed to be trying to take on the whole university catalog.

**It's not that I'm against marriage and family therapy because I'm really all for it... I love the idea, I just know it's not for me. The problem is that I don't like being just like everyone else. (It's probably something I need to work on, huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment